Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Blah Day at the Market

It was a brisk, but sunny morning.  I always go prepared for the weather and today was no exception.  I had two layers of clothing, a nice warm scarf for my neck, wool socks, a wool hat and my down jacket.  I was warm and comfy.    It was 9 a.m. before I got to the flea market in Pineville, but it was so cold there was no-one else milling about either.  I don't often have Saturday mornings that are a total waste of time, but today almost was.  Maybe if I had got myself out a little earlier? 

Vendors usually don't have the time to even say hello, but today they were calling out to me and being extremely friendly.  I was beginning to think I had a big tag on the back of my jacket that said "Be nice to me....I like to buy stuff". 

I guess it wasn't a total bust because I did buy something I knew my hubby would think was a good deal.  It was a Case (brand name) pocket knife in a collector's tin.  I paid $10 for it and came home and listed it on Ebay as a "buy it now" for $30.  It sold ten minutes after I listed it, so that at least paid for my gas.  And I forgot, I bought a pre-owned Colombia fleece jacket for $5 for myself from one of my favorite vendors.  She always has really nice things and I know everything she has is freshly laundered and smoke-free / pet-free. 

I suppose no day at a flea market is a bad day.  You never know what treasure waits around the corner.  Next week will be better....I just know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!